What Damages Can You Pursue After a Car Crash?
If you have suffered injury in an accident caused by someone else’s negligence, the consequences you suffer involve much more than what occurs during the accident itself. Your New Orleans accident lawyer will represent you fairly in a personal injury lawsuit so that you receive compensation. Not just for the immediate damage caused by the accident, but also any long-lasting trauma.
What Damages Can You Pursue After You’ve Been Injured in an Accident?
You can seek compensation for the out of pocket expenses you may incur as a result of the accident. These could be property damage or medical bills.Examples of these include:
- Expenses from immediate treatment for the injuries you suffered
Immediately after the accident, you should seek medical attention for any injuries you may have suffered. Medical personnel will be able to diagnose and treat injuries you have sustained. In addition, your New Orleans accident lawyer may be able to use the documentation medical personnel have created in regard to your injuries in your personal injury case.
- Future medical expenses
If your injuries are severe enough that you will need long-lasting, ongoing treatment because of them, your New Orleans accident lawyer can seek compensation to cover those medical expenses.
- Lost wages
Your New Orleans accident lawyer can also seek compensation for the amount of money you could have earned from the time of the accident to the date of the settlement or jury award.
Your New Orleans Accident Lawyer May Also Help You Claim “Non-Economic” Damages
You may be able to collect damages to compensate for “non-economic” accident consequences like:
- Mental anguish- The amount of mental grief or distress you suffered and/or continue to suffer as a result of your accident.
- Pain and suffering- For this, considerations can include:
- The nature and seriousness of the injury
- The likelihood that future pain may occur and continue, as well as its severity, and
- How long you, the plaintiff, may be in pain
- Loss of consortium- When you’ve been in an accident, your spouse, children, and immediate family members may also suffer. Thus, part of your personal injury lawsuit can address the loss of consortium your family may suffer as a result of your injuries. “Loss of consortium” addresses the losses in solace, affection, comfort, and assistance you were able to provide your family.
Have you Been in an Accident? Contact a New Orleans Car Accident Lawyer Right Away
As you recover from your injuries, or even deal with a disability and adjust to a new way of life, the last thing you need to worry about is whether or not you’ll receive fair compensation for your injuries as the result of someone else’s negligence. Our New Orleans accident lawyer can represent you and do most of the “heavy lifting” in your personal injury case. Mike Brandner Injury Attorneys can help you get the compensation you deserve for ALL of the types of suffering you’re experiencing. Contact us today! Our office hours are 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., but we are available any time of the day or night at (504) 345-1111. Or you can talk to us via the Live Chat on our website. You’ll pay nothing unless we win your case.
The information on this blog is for general information purposes only. Nothing herein should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.