Mike Brandner Injury Attorneys is currently open for business and will closely monitor the COVID-19 outbreak and its wide-reaching impacts. You can be assured that looking out for the best interests of our clients, friends, and colleagues remains at the highest level of importance to us.
If it does become necessary to temporarily close our office doors because of quarantines or established shutdowns, our team is fully equipped to continue business as usual from any location.
Ultimately, we are mindful of how this epidemic may disrupt daily lives and our team remains dedicated to serve. We ask that any clients please update their legal team if their circumstances or contact information changes so we can remain in contact with you.
As always, you can reach our 24/7 personal injury attorneys in New Orleans by phone at 504-345-1111, in Hammond, Slidell, anywhere on the Northshore or in the River Parishes at 985-345-1111, or our Baton Rouge location at 225-500-1111.
LOUISIANA COVID-19 Resources and Updates
Update January 20, 2021: President Joe Biden issued a federal mask mandate on his first day in office. The executive order requires mask use on all federal lands and at all federal facilities. This includes national parks, federal courthouses, post offices, and other federal offices. Louisiana residents that have plans to visit federal facilities or lands are reminded that mask use is now mandatory.
Additionally, the federal mask mandate extends to any form of interstate transportation. Airplanes, buses, trains, and other modes of public transportation that are under federal jurisdiction will follow the mark requirement. Louisiana residents planning to visit another state are reminded that a mask will be required during transportation.
Update January 18, 2021: The Louisiana Department of Health has expanded eligibility for the COVID-19 vaccine. People eligible for COVID-19 vaccination include:
- Persons ages 70 years or older in the community
- Outpatient clinic providers and clinic staff
- Urgent care clinic providers and staff
- Community care clinic providers and staff
- Behavioral health providers and staff
- Dialysis providers and patients
- Home health service providers and recipients
- Dental providers and staff
- Students, residents, faculty, and staff of allied health schools (if not already receiving vaccine or in a plan to receive from their respective schools)
The agency’s website lists locations where people can make an appointment to get vaccinated. It strongly recommends making an appointment as soon as possible in order to limit the spread and severity of the disease.
To further assist in keeping our local communities informed, we put together a list of government, health, and education resources.
- Emergency Louisiana
- Louisiana Supreme Court COVID-19 Updates
- NOLA Ready Coronavirus Updates
- NOLA Assistance for Residence
- Louisiana Department of Health Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
- Children’s Hospital New Orleans and LCMC Health
- North Oaks Health System COVID-19 Updates
- Ochsner Health Coronavirus Updates
- Tulane Health Center Coronavirus Preparedness
- Louisiana Department of Education Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak
- Louisiana State Board of Elementary and Secondary Education
- NOLA Public Schools Coronavirus Updates
- Morrison Jeff Community School COVID-19 Updates
- Tangipahoa Parish School System Coronavirus Updates
- The University of New Orleans COVID-19 Information
- Loyola University of New Orleans Coronavirus Updates
- Northshore Technical Community College Coronavirus Updates
- Southeastern Louisiana University Coronavirus Information
- Xavier University of Louisiana Coronavirus Updates
NATIONAL UPDATES AND RESOURCES