New Orleans Defective Products Lawyer
Even though you don’t sign a contract when you buy certain products from a seller, you still have several legal rights. You have the right to assume that the product will work, safe and underwent thorough testing for its intended purposes.
Unfortunately, some of the products can skim by and make it to the marketplace without guaranteed safe for public use. Sometimes companies can catch the problem before it causes serious harm and issue a recall of the product. However, most of the product recalls are due to someone being injured as a result of use, such as the case with hernia mesh medical products.
Defective Products: An Overview
- Medical devices, drugs and pharmaceuticals with unexpected adverse effects
- Hospital beds or beds in nursing homes dangerous bed rails that cause entrapment
- Household products like toys, clothing, kitchen appliances, power tools, lawn mowers and also, accessories malfunctions or harm children and adults
- Food recalls from tainting or improper handling
- Lastly, automobile parts
3 Types of Legal Liability
Liability isn’t always simply an issue of “did they or didn’t they?” Defective product designers, manufacturers, and also retailers can face three different types of liability for injury or death caused by the product.
- Strict liability. Products must be safe for reasonable use for the product’s intended purpose. A manufacturer can be held liable for injuries or death caused by their product.
- Negligence. Failure to use ordinary care in the design or manufacturing of a product, resulting in a dangerous product, often can find a manufacturer or designer negligent.
- Breach of warranty. Even if the product you bought doesn’t come with a printed warranty, the designers, manufacturers, and retailers can have implied warranties that the product in question is safe for intended and reasonable use.
Suffered injury or death from a defective product in Louisiana? You may receive fair compensation for your damages and suffering. Our New Orleans defective products lawyer has successfully represented victims of defective products. Contact us today.