The Higher Risk of New Orleans Car Accidents in August
It’s summer! You’re probably thinking about barbecues, trips to the lake and sunshine, and not where to find a New Orleans car accident lawyer. However, according to national statistics, we’re fast approaching the most dangerous month of the year for driving, and there’s a chance you might need one.
Here’s what you need to know about August’s reputation as the worst month for driving fatalities, and what you can do to keep yourself and your loved one’s safer.
When it comes to August driving, the numbers don’t lie, and with around 800 or 30% more fatalities on the road during this month than January, on average, it’s definitely more dangerous. The question is why.
More people are taking road trips and vacations. Teenagers and college kids are on breaks, and they’re on the road too. Add a little carelessness, and you have a recipe for trouble.
What Can You Do?
In an ideal world, we’d all simply change our travel plans, and stay off the roads in August, but the truth is, with kids in school, it’s not always possible to take a vacation any other time of the year (and let’s face it, the weather is a factor too!)
While you might not be able to stay off the highways this year though, you might be able to avoid needing a New Orleans car accident lawyer by following these tips:
- Don’t drink and drive. It goes without saying, but if you’re under the influence of drugs or alcohol, you have no business being behind the wheel.
- Don’t speed. Excessive speed is a factor in about 30% of all car accidents.
- Don’t drive at night. Nearly half of all driving related fatalities happen at night. You’re far safer sticking to driving during daylight hours only.
- Buckle up! According to the data, two thirds of all drivers and passengers killed in car accidents were not wearing seat belts.
- Stick to mid week travel if you can. Weekends always see a marked spike in traffic fatalities.
Contact a New Orleans car accident lawyer
Sometimes, no matter how carefully you plan and how cautious you are, accidents happen. Whatever the circumstances, chances are you will need a New Orleans car accident lawyer to defend your rights in court. We’re here to help so don’t wait.
Our professional firm of injury attorneys includes several skilled New Orleans car accident lawyers. We’re available on (504) 345-1111 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., and on live chat 24/7. We offer free consultations and there’s no fee unless we win your case.
Don’t wait to pursue the compensation that may be due to you. Take action, get the facts, and, lastly, get a lawyer on your side. Contact us today!